I was happy to find out that I can turn off the sound on my microwave. Without taking it apart to cut out the speaker, as I did on my UPS. The instructions vary for different microwaves, but for my Panasonic NN-ST663S the instructions are:
- Plug it in, “88:88” displays
- Press Start button to see the top or bottom bar of the last letter blink next to the kg or lb label; press [Timer/Clock] to choose between them if you want
- Press [Start] again to display “Beep” The oven has both Beep On and Beep Off mode. Default is on.
- Press [Timer/Clock] to change to “Beep Off”
- Press [Stop/Reset] to exit.